09 April 2009

And she's ready for Kindergarten

So Boogers got her Kindergarten shots today. It was traumatizing for both of us. First they had to do a blood draw at the lab and the lab guy took so long to actually take the blood. If he had only just stuck her instead of talking about it for 2 minutes I think it would have been better. She always asks to go get her blood taken since she sometimes comes to the lab with me. Then it was time for the shots. She kept screaming, "I don't want any shots!" over and over. It was very heart wrenching for me. Even bribes didn't work. When I told her she had to get shots if she wanted to go to Kindergarten she said, "But I don't want to go to Kindergarten!" That was huge for her. She's been talking about going to Kindergarten for months. I really had to hold her down while she was screaming and crying--and while I was crying too. I'm not usually very emotional about these things, but today I was. I'm sure that being pregnant has something to do with it but I don't want to see her go through that again! The good news is she's feeling better now watching a movie I rented for her and rotting her teeth out with a Bottle Pop candy. As she told me when we were leaving the store, "I don't feel sad anymore." Oh to be four and have short term memory loss.

4 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Oh, I feel like crying for both of you. :( I'm glad she's feeling better, Kindergarten here she comes!

bythelbs said...

Wow, Cheryl just did this exact same thing. My kids didn't love the shots, but I never had to hold any of them down. That would probably be more traumatic for me than for them. Glad she got over it so quickly!

Cheryl said...

I did do the exact same thing! Exact --holding #3 down and everything. But I had to, or else it wouldn't have happened (thrashing in the room --kicking the nurse --needles flying everywhere). I also bawled my eyes out.

Ironically, he is now fine. And has forgotten about it. To be honest, I remember not liking shots as a kid (I remember my mom having to hold me), but now needles don't bug me at all. Never have, really (except as a kid, see?). So, you're good! She'll forget one day. :)

Callie said...

Oh poor Mommy and Boogers! HUGS!