03 April 2009

Giving Props

First off, I'm alive. The baby's fine, I'm 33 weeks today and in pain. But that's life and it comes with the territory. The good news is I bought myself some new clothes yesterday so I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I've been feeling pretty down lately, but I think I might be starting to come out of it. I might be around more. We'll see. No guarantees though. :)

I'm looking forward to Conference Weekend. My sister and her family are coming down and we are going to the zoo tomorrow and spending some time with my parents. Should be a great weekend! Happy Conference watching everyone!

--------------------------
Anyway, the reason for this post...

I've gotten a couple things in the mail the last week or so and I just had to give some props to the senders. Getting mail like that made my day!

First I got a handmade quilt from my friend slash old house mate from BYU-Hawaii, Shelley. She rocks for sending baby Buckethead a new soft blanket!



Then I got a surprise package from Janelle on Monday. My favorite Girl Scout cookies, Thin Mints! And boy did I need them on Tuesday. Self-medicating anyone? I won't say how many I ate by myself.
And then I got a sweet package today from Julie. I won her give-a-way a few weeks ago and she sent me a handmade apron and some super cute cards. I love them! Although I'm afraid to use the apron because it's so nice. I'm a messy cooker! Thanks so much!

Julie took such great pictures I just copied them from her site.

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful presents!

10 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Ooh, what fun surprises you got in the mail! And BTW, the zoo should have wheelchairs (I had to use one once), I know you might feel silly being pushed like a toddler in a stroller...but it's worth it to save yourself some pain. :)

Shelley~Maren said...

How funny we both decide to post photos on the same day. lol I'm glad you love the quilt, Hopefully lil' Buckethead will too. :)

Love me some thin mints! Too bad they don't ACTUALLY make you thinner! hah!

You're almost there! I'm so excited for you! :)

Julie P said...

That is such a pretty apron! I hope the end of the pregnancy is more comfortable for you!

Janelle said...

Hey you are so welcome. I hope you feel better soon. Ask your hubby for a blessing. Alex has given several to painful pregnant people and they work!

Cheryl said...

Hooray for still being alive! Oh, and for fabulous gifts, too. :)

And don't worry --seven more weeks? You are so close! So close...

Have a great weekend with family!

Melissa said...

Yeah for fun packages in the mail!
It sounds like your Conference weekend will be a good one!! It's always nice to visit with family :)
And I'm glad you're feeling a bit better... hopefully these last few weeks will FLY!

Alison Wonderland said...

What a fun mail day!

Susan M said...

Don't you love getting stuff in the mail? Julie's so talented.

Hope you feel better soon.

bythelbs said...

Yay for surprises! Boo for yuckiness! Hope the next 7 weeks fly by. Thinking of you.

Staceygirl said...

You have awesome friends! I know what you mean about feeling down... sometimes you just do, but it does feel good to get out of it and start feeling normal again. Spring always cheers me up! We're at Geoff & Kristen's right now enjoying the warmth... can't wait to live here permanently! Plus, it'll be just a short drive to come out and visit you guys. Anyway, I know how the last few weeks of a pregnancy can drag... he'll be here soon, though, and I can't wait to meet him!