16 April 2009

So not funny

So there I was today halfway through my errands driving along minding my own business. Boogers was in the back seat babbling about who knows what, asking me all kinds of "why" questions that don't have answers. She really knows how to step on my last nerve with the "why" questions-especially the ones that don't have answers. "What is this song called, Mom?" "Time Bomb," I answer. "Why?" She inquires. I just shake my head.

Anyway, I digress. So there we are driving along and I look in the rear view mirror and see a cop behind me. He didn't have his lights on and I wasn't speeding or doing anything wrong so I didn't have anything to worry about, so I thought. The light in front of me turned yellow, then red so I stopped slowly. As soon as the light turned green I watched the cop and sure enough he turns his lights on.

What the crap?! I wasn't doing anything wrong! So I pull over and tell Boogers to please keep quiet in the backseat because the police man wants to talk to me. "Why does he want to talk to you, Mom?" I just don't even answer that one.

As my heart is beating out of my chest he walks up to the window and just as cheerfully as if we were having a donut together he says, "How you doing today? I just pulled you over because I wanted you to know that one of your rear brake lights was out." Relieved I said, "Oh I was wondering what I did wrong!" He was very kind and told me he was sorry for freaking me out, but had I ever been arrested?

Nope.

"Okay can I see your driver's license?" I give it to him and he takes it back to his car to make sure it's valid. No problem.

When he comes back he apologized again for worrying me and to have a nice day. He didn't even give me a fix-it ticket or anything. Just sent me on my way.

So the center brake light on our car has been out for years. I don't think it's been working since we even owned the car which we bought from my dad 4 years ago. He must not have had anything to do today and decided to freak out an almost 9 month pregnant mom just for the fun of it. So not funny.

11 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

At least he didn't give you a ticket. I was once in the car with a friend who got a ticket for driving without his lights on while driving down the street that was lit up like noon.

bythelbs said...

Cops. Pfft.

I've only ever been pulled over once. And not for having done anything wrong, just for being suspected of having done something wrong.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

So Un-funny of him.

Summer said...

Very not nice of him. Though at least he didn't ticket you.

Shelley~Maren said...

It was the center useless light? What? Stupid cops. You should have played the pregnancy card a little more.

Anyway... Hope the last few weeks of your pregnancy fly by! Good Luck! :)

Suz Broughton said...

That was sweet to not give you a ticket.
Don't you love all the why questions? Especially when you're pregnant and so totally in the mood to answer them :)

Susan M said...

I'd always try to turn the "why" question back onto my kids. "I"m not sure...what do you think?" Then they'd babble on and I'd pretend to listen. :)

I've been pulled over so many time I've lost count. I'm like a cop magnet.

madhousewife said...

I would be so grateful not to have a ticket. But yes, I would have also had a heart attack. Probably not have been grateful for that.

Callie said...

yikes that would have freaked me out too!

Lacey said...

that is the worst feeling seeing those darn flashing lights, glad there was no ticket!

Shauna said...

Hope you have a blessed and beautiful weekend :) ♥ HUGS ♥