14 June 2009

Booger's "Testimony" and other gems

The other day Boogers gave me a pad of paper and told me to write down what she said. These are her words:

I love Daddy.
I love you.
Thank you for this day.
I love to say prayers.
I love my heart and I love to go outside and play when it's sunny.
I love my new baby brother.
I love my mom and my dad and my toys.
I love our car.
I love Heavenly Father and Jesus.
I love my games.
I love having picnics at the beach and the pool and the park.

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

----------

And here are some more gems:

T-Bone asked for a high 5 from her.

B: Dad, I don't give high 5's to no people doing the dishes. You have to be patient. You have to be patient for cups. You have to be patient for people to come. You have to be patient for fish.
I get the cups and the people, but fish??
----------
Mom: Boogers, when your brother comes, things are going to be different.
Boogers: How Mom?
M: Well I will have to take care of two people instead of just you.
B: looks down, kind of sad
M: What's the matter?
B: I feel grumpy.
M: But I will still love you very much.
B: I still feel grumpy.
At least she's honest. For the record she hasn't been too grumpy since Buckethead has come. She loves her brother very much.
----------
B: Dad, you broke mommy's feelings.
----------
After I had Buckethead-
B: Hey Mom, you're laying on the floor on your back! Good job!
It's always nice to have someone rooting for you
----------
B: We should buy a Wii.
M: Wii's cost a lot of money that we don't have right now.
B: I have money. (Goes to get her piggy bank). I have $101 monies. (Counts all the coins in her bank up to 100) See, now we can buy a Wii!
If only it was that easy...

8 comments:

Julie said...

Wii-ly Cute! Okay, lame joke, sorry.

Boogers is really a thinker, isn't she?! I loved her testimony.

Alison Wonderland said...

Awesome. And how handy that you already had her testimony written down, you didn't even have to make an effort to get a pen etc...

So good to hear from you.

Staceygirl said...

So glad I got to hold your new little bundle... his face is so adorable.

But... you did type "bother" instead of "brother" - was that intentional or a freudian slip? :)

I think it's cute that she says she loves things instead of that she's thankful for them. I should try that in my prayers someday!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Such a cutie girl!

Jen said...

How cute! Preschoolers are a lot of fun.

shay said...

love it!

madhousewife said...

"You have to be patient for fish."

I'm still trying to figure this out. There's something profound here, I know. I just have to look hard enough.

flip flop mama said...

You and me both Mad, you and me both.