08 August 2009

Randomness is awesome

I have all these things swimming around in my brain so for your reading pleasure, here is an awesome random post.
---------------
T-Bone and I went and saw Wicked last night. It was awesome! I loved it and thought it totally lived up to the hype. That's the first time we have been to the theater since we've been married and I remembered why I love it so much. I wish we could go more often.
---------------
We left Mr. Smiley with a baby sitter last night (and Boogers too)--thanks Erin! We owe you!--and he was awesome! At least that's what Erin said. I didn't leave Boogers until she was 6 months old so this is a huge step. I had a feeling he would do good, but you just never know. He has fallen into the 7:30-8:00ish bedtime way earlier than Boogers did so it's much easier to leave him.
---------------
Speaking of bedtime. Can I just say how much I love 7:30 bedtime. I wouldn't want it any other way.
---------------
Well I ended up having to get a new phone. Mine started acting up this week. The battery wasn't charging and when it did it would discharge quickly. On Wednesday it only lasted half a day on what it said was a full charge. Then on Thursday night it died again and didn't wake up until 12:30 on Friday even though it was plugged in the whole time. That's when I knew I should just get a new one. So I headed down to the Apple store today. Let's hope I can take better care of this one.
---------------
Speaking of the mall and the Apple store, I can tell you that there sure was no sign that we are in a recession. The mall was packed to the brim. It took me 15 minutes to find a parking spot. And the Apple Store was way crowded. It was a big store but there had to be 75 people in it. It looked like the Christmas season down there.
---------------
I've lost 17 pounds since my last major weight drop and 40 pounds since I had Mr. Smiley. I'm feeling pretty good about that. I had a lot more weight to lose this time around, but now I only have about 10-15 pounds left. I've been walking with friends and I feel so good. We've been going at 6:30am three times a week and though it seems early, it's been a great way to start the day.
---------------
Mr. Smiley has been smiling a lot lately and it's so fun. He's also been giggling and in my opinion there is no better sound in this world than a baby's laugh. I keep trying to get it on video, but as soon as I turn the camera on, the smiles and laughs disappear. I'll keep trying though.
---------------
Well that's the end of my awesome randomness post. You may now comment.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Still looking for a way to go see Wicked. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. And it's a bonus that the kids did good with a sitter!

The only thing I love more than 7:30 bedtime is 7:00 bedtime ;)

I'm sorry you had to get a new phone. Fingers crossed that this one will last.

And congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome :D

Julie said...

Randomness is awesome. Love it.

7:30 bedtime=sanity

Wicked = I wish.

Baby giggles = Heaven on Earth

Jen said...

Sorry about the phone, but good news about everything else :)

Susan M said...

What's even more awesome than randomness is you, Jamie! 6:30 am, I am impressed.

Carrie said...

Well you look great for having lost 40 pounds...you didn't even look like you gained that?! I need to get back in my walking routine. I was doing so good for years and then I got sick three months ago, then went on vacation and have been so busy this summer that I haven't exercised. Thanks for the motivation!!

Staceygirl said...

There's something about the camera itself that makes a baby stop laughing and make a face like, "What the heck is that?" I always tried to hold the camera off to one side with one arm and then look into the baby's face and tickle with my other arm. Yeah, lots of footage with the baby's face only part way on the screen. Haha.

flip flop mama said...

Melissa, Boogers used to go to bed at 7:00 and I can totally agree that that is heaven as well.

Thanks Susan!

madhousewife said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. And the new phone. And the 7:30 bedtime. 7:30 bedtime is the greatest. *sigh*

bythelbs said...

7:30 bedtime is a pipe dream around here.

Enjoy your new phone and your giggling baby and your smokin' hot body.

I would love to see Wicked.