11 September 2009

On This Day

I didn't know what I was going to post today until a few mintues ago. I didn't want to do the same ol', same ol'. I wanted today's post--if I posted anything--to mean something.

I grew up in a very patriotic home. My parents have a deep love for this country and they passed that love on to me. I grew to appreciate the sacrifice that had been made so I could have the freedoms I had. We went on a vacation when I was in High School to Gettysburg and my love for America deepened as I saw proof of that sacrifice. I truly believe America is a blessed land.

Eight years ago when the planes hit the Twin Towers I was glued to the TV all day. It was devastating. I couldn't understand how some people could hate this country so much.

I plan on sharing my love for America with my children. Boogers has grown up listening to the Star Spangled Banner and has even picked up a few words of the song. My heart just swells when she sings it. So imagine my pride and excitement when this morning, with no prompting from me my sweet daughter starts reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. She had it nearly memorized after only 8 days of reciting it in Kindergarten. Now, I know she has no idea what allegiance, or Republic, or Nation means but I plan on teaching her. I hope that she can grow to love The United States of America as much as I do.

I will never forget how I felt this day 8 years ago. I will never forget the sacrifices that were made that day. I will never forget the heroes that lived and died that day.

God Bless America!

video

2 comments:

Staceygirl said...

Amen, sister! May we live to see the day when all can be free.

bythelbs said...

I love America.