03 February 2010

What's been keeping me from blogging

Blogging is hard work. It takes time. It's a lot easier just to put a little blurb of my life on Facebook and then walk away. If I blog I have to sit down--hmmm, that's usually not so hard--think about writing, and actually take the time to type coherent sentences. Time that I don't want to give right now. Mr. Smiley has finally gotten into a fairly reliable nap schedule so you may see more posts from me in the future, but don't hold your breath. You see I've been busy in other ways that don't involve little people.

I've been making this:


What do you think? He's pretty cute, huh? It's a gift for my dear friends who are adopting their second little boy. In the beginning I always think that knitting stuffed animals will be such a great idea. They're cute, fluffy, everyone loves stuffed animals. And I'm right until I get to the piecing together part. That part sucks. I can never get the arms, legs, wings, whatever, to look natural. I tried numerous times to get these limbs to at least look decent. I think I just need to take a class on stitching pieces together. There has got to be an easier way!

Anyway, so besides chasing after a crawling 8 1/2 month old, taking a 5 year old to and from school, keeping a house in order, running errands all over town and trying to get some sleep this is what I've been up to lately.

My next project is something I've never tried before: clothes. I'm going to be knitting a cute little shrug but I can't tell you who it's for. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

What have you been up to lately?

10 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Matthew came over to the computer while I was reading your post and asked about that cute bear. He said, "Who's bear is that? I wish I had a bear just like that one." If you ever want to sell a bear "just like that one", I have your first customer!

Maile Fano said...

I think you did a FANTASTIC job on the bear. It turned out really cute.

flip flop mama said...

Thanks guys! MotWB, I'll make him one if you want. Just let me know. I have a couple other things in my queue first. Is his birthday any time soon?

Sharon said...

He's perfect!

Melissa said...

I love it!! I've always wanted to learn to knit or crochet... but I'm afraid it would just be another craft that I'd get into, but wouldn't ever finish (please don't ask about the 1/2 a quilt top sitting on my left or the cut out, but not sewn together pj pants in the cupboard, or the necklace waiting to be completed, or...)

bythelbs said...

Very cute! I hope you'll post pictures of the shrug when you're done, too.

madhousewife said...

What have I been up to? Nuthin'. Admiring that bear of yours, that's all.

Steph said...

It turned out sooo cute!!! I want one for me! One of these days (in my spare time hee hee) I want to sit down with you and learn to knit!

Alison Wonderland said...

Amazing. I have talents but that kind of thing ain't one of 'em.

Ben and Aline Memmott said...

Yay! I found your blog! Love it! Have a good week! :)