25 March 2010

Happy 10 Months Mr. Smiley and Other Randoms

Mr. Smiley is 10 months old today! He is full of all kinds of skills. He loves to laugh, clap and play peek-a-boo. He can pull up and cruise along everything but has no interest in standing on his own. He loves food and will eat pretty much anything I put on his tray. He is starting to sleep a lot better too. He still gets up usually once a night but I can deal with that since at bedtime I can just lay him down awake and he will fall asleep. It was hard work getting to this point so I'll take what I can get. He says, "Mama and Dada," and has 4 teeth now. Lately his favorite thing is to crawl under the crib, hang out there for a little bit, and then crawl out. He will go in a circle--in and out, in and out--for quite a long time. Happy 10 month birthday, little man!

***
So I got some books for Mr. Smiley from the library the other day. One of them was Oink-Oink and Other Animal Sounds. I just got it because it had some nice artwork and fun animal sounds. When we got home and I looked at the book closer I was intrigued by something.

Why do animals in different countries make different sounds? How can a dog say "Mung-mung" in Korean, "Bow-wow" in English and "Gav-gav" in Russian? They are not even remotely the same sound! Someone please enlighten me.
***
We are now proud owners of a Mazda5! Last night T-Bone and I bought our first car in 5 years and the first car that wasn't owned by a member of our family since we were married (both of us had cars when we got married though). We are totally spoiled since our Sebring's radio has been broken for two years, it only has a tape deck (but we can't use it anyway since it doesn't work), if you don't hold the trunk open it may slam down on your head (yes, I know from personal experience), the a/c makes a weird chirping noise intermittently, and a myriad of other problems. We are just stoked to finally have cruise control and a working radio.
***
Today Big Sister asked me if she looked like a Mom today. I was a little confused until she said, "Because I'm wearing this bracelet." Unfortunately that didn't clear anything up. Then she said, "All mom's wear dresses and bracelets all day long." For the record I usually only wear dresses on Sunday and bracelets less often so it's really funny that she said something like that.
***
And lastly, I've been thinking the last few days about this new healthcare bill. I don't want to get into it here, so I'm just going to share this post at Rarely Home Mom. She lays it out pretty clear.

9 comments:

Susan M said...

What a cutie! You should get that kid an agent!

Julie said...

Lots going on!!!!

Mr. Smiley is such a doll.

Cheryl said...

Oh, my heck! Time flies so fast...he's so adorable!

Dude. I wear dresses and bracelets all day long. You don't?? ;)

flip flop mama said...

Heck I'm already wearing a dress and a bracelet right now and I haven't even showered! Haha yeah, right.

Shellybythesea said...

I like his prison outfits!

Melissa said...

He's so cute!! What a great smile :)

Love new cars! That new car smell is always nice...

Dresses and bracelets... hmm... I haven't worn those two together for a long time :)

Bare Sock Crafts said...

Congratulations to you and your family!
Mr.Smiley is as adorable as his big sister, and he looks just like you!!! :)
It is good to see you are doing great!!!
Musti (remember me? )

Staceygirl said...

He's a handsome little thing! I feel your pain about cars with a myriad of problems. We're in the market for a new car, too... maybe an Expedition. We're going to be a family of 7 soon, you know, and I've sworn off minivans, despite how practical they are. Driving a minivan would be like me wearing dresses and bracelets all day long. :) Plus, we need to tow a boat... so I have an excuse.

bythelbs said...

So incredibly, unbelievably adorable.