09 September 2010

I can't think of what I wanted to blog about so you get this instead

Over the last couple days I've had a few ideas of things to blog about but I haven't written them down. Consequently they have gone the way of the dodo bird and I can't get them back. It's bugging me quite a bit too. So I guess I'll write about other not very important things.

I'm making this sweater for Big Sister. I just have to make one more sleeve and then do the finishing touches and sew it together. I made a mistake but luckily all it does is alter the length of the sweater and not anything else. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

A couple weeks ago I got a new Nativity Scene. I love it and it's already displayed on my bookshelf. It was exciting because a couple years ago Julie had posted this on her blog. I instantly fell in love with the design and emailed the creator. The pieces had to be purchased separately and they were out of my budget so at the time I had to pass. She told me that she was working on a reproduction set though. She told me she would contact me when she had worked out the details. Well a little over a month ago I got an email from her so I bought one!

Mr. Smiley has been getting his third molar. I hate teething. Sometimes I wish babies were just born with teeth, but I can see the bad logistics in that too. He is not a very good teether and it's understandable. He gets blisters on his gums and they just look really nasty when a tooth is coming. And they seem to take FORever. Big Sister wasn't like that at all. She would be grouchy for a day and I wouldn't know what was wrong, then the next day I would feel a tooth pop through. She has always had a very high pain tolerance so I think that has something to do with it. Plus Mr. Smiley is getting a cold right now too so he's extra miserable. He woke up at 3 this morning and was just having a good time hanging out in his crib. I didn't want to get him, but after a while he started to sound a little impatient. So I got up and took him to the living room where we practically cuddled for an hour. I didn't turn the lights on so I don't know if that deterred him from playing but he just sat on my lap and "talked" to me. It was very sweet. If I wasn't getting so tired I wouldn't have put him back in his bed at 4:30, but I did. The kid is a sweetheart, I tell you.

Thanks for all your advice with Big Sister, too. She has been great the last week or so. We've had some sass from her--which is to be expected--but over all her behavior seems to be better. She is thinking about her actions and words more and that was what I really wanted to accomplish. Her teacher told me she is doing good in class too, so that makes me feel better.

We read Vanity Fair in book club last month. Have any of you read it? Boy was it long! Apparently it's one of those books that authors claim as one of the best books of all time. But none of us in book club could figure out why. Nothing happens! It's long, slow, drawn out and boring. There were some redeemable qualities about it, but seriously I hope to never read that one again.

Well I think I've probably bored you enough as it is with my random thoughts so I'll bid you good day.


5 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That sweater is going to be gorgeous, I can't wait to see the pictures. And I love that nativity. I (sort of) collect nativities, so I'm now salivating over that one. ;)

Alison Wonderland said...

I tried Vanity Fair once but, yeah, really really boring. I guess I'm just not cut out for classics.

madhousewife said...

I am a fan of nativities. I love to appreciate other people's. The one we own was given to us, and it's not my personal aesthetic taste, but I do like that it is durable and the kids can play with it and I don't have to worry about them ruining it because it is indestructible.

Teething is awful, and colds are awful, but teething + cold = the worst. I hope Mr. Smiley feels better soon.

I always wished that children were born knowing how to sleep.

bythelbs said...

I'll be sure to avoid Vanity Fair. Thanks for the heads up.

My favorite nativity is our bean bag nativity. Totally kid-friendly and Joseph's full head of yarn hair is really something, too.

Shellybythesea said...

About that book, 'VANITY FAIR". Never could figure out what all the fuss was about. Had to read it in college.......hated the book! A worthless piece of jibberish. Yup!