30 October 2010

Big Sister's Sweater

Here is the latest thing that I've made. Big Sister has been begging me to knit her a sweater for months. So we finally went to the yarn store and picked out some cute yarn she liked and a pattern and I went to work. It was a pretty basic pattern, but I'm not the biggest fan of it. I'm not sure I totally like how it came out either. But that could be due to the one huge mistake I made. It was supposed to be more of an empire waist line but I misread the directions and did way too many rows in the bodice part. The other thing is it curls at the bottom. Oh well, she loves it so that's what matters.


8 comments:

Melissa said...

I think it's really cute! I really need to learn to knit!

Alison Wonderland said...

It is cute. And you made it which is amazing. And she likes it, enjoy that while you can.

.SO PIERCE. said...

Holy cow!! That's amazing. I love it!!

bythelbs said...

I think the only person who needs to love it is the one wearing it. But besides that, it looks great anyway. I'm so impressed with your mad knitting skillz!

Maren said...

And of course it's pink! It looks fabulous Jamie! I'm a little jealous of your skills! I still haven't finished that dishcloth! haha!

Staceygirl said...

You should be proud of that. It's cute!

Erin & Danny said...

I want to be you when I grow up. It is amazing.

madhousewife said...

I am so impressed. I've never knitted anything wearable, or even tried, aside from scarves (which don't count). Verrah nice!