21 October 2010

I Need Something



So today a friend of mine posted her Facebook status as "needs something" That made me think of a funny story that happened with Big Sister wasn't a big sister--she was only 3. T-Bone and I were watching TV in the living room and it was around 10:30ish. I think this was the time we were addicted to "24" and would watch episode after episode without stopping. Anyway, we were watching TV and we heard BS come out of her room which was right behind us. She was just barely potty trained at the time but was wearing undies to bed. She came in to the living room and I asked her, "What is going on honey, do you need to go potty?" In a really confused and worried sounding voice she said, "I need something." "Okay, what do you need?" I asked.  "I need something," was all she said. 

Thinking I should just take her to the bathroom, I got up and tried to steer her in that direction, but she resisted. Instead she started pulling at her pants while kind of chanting, "I need something." T-Bone and I kept asking her what she needed, but she never answered. All of a sudden she turned around and headed to her bedroom again, but stopped by the door and just peed all over the floor. We just kind of stood there dumbfounded. Then of course we took her clothes off and started cleaning the floor. While I was wiping her down and getting her dressed again, she fell fast asleep on the floor right next to where she peed. 

After this happened we realized she was never awake at all and was totally sleep walking. Since she has slept walked quite a few more times and most of them include peeing in random spots in the house. 

T-Bone and I will periodically say, "I need something" just for fun.


3 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

I'm pretty sure that what I needed wasn't a place to pee. But then you never know...

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Hilarious!

The Motherboard said...

AWESOME!!