05 October 2010

Tender Mercies

Today I was overcome with the tender mercies that I have received over the last few weeks, but especially days. I wanted to share them with you:




Kids who go to bed easily and willingly

Kids who normally wake up at 6:30 but slept in until 8:00 on Saturday and Sunday

Friends and family who, at practically a moment's notice, are willing to watch my kids

A husband who is by my side through everything

Conference weekend so I could rest and recover

The prompting to go to the grocery store on Friday morning

Peace and comfort by the Spirit through times of sadness

When Mr. Smiley will spontaneously climb on my lap and pat me on the back or give me a hug

A week's worth of knitting projects for my niece to keep me busy

Dinner at a friend's house on Sunday night

Big Sister being so obedient and happy the last couple weeks

Doctors who are calm of mind and quick on their feet--even at 1 in the morning

I had a miscarriage on Friday. My third one. I was 10 weeks. It was hard to swallow at first but after having time to be sad I'm ready to move on. I am blessed with two beautiful children and I love them and appreciate them more every day. I am so grateful for all the blessings that I have and they are many.



8 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I admire your ability to count your blessings in times of trial, just like Pres. Monson asked us to at conference. You're such a good example of that. <3

Emily said...

Jamie! I'm sorry! You are so awesome and strong! And if it had to happen, conference weekend was probably the best time. Sending happy vibes your way! PS. I just blogged about you :)

Izzy said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Take comfort in knowing you have lots of friends and family who love you!!! Let me know if you wanna talk... :)

Our Blog Spot said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this. I really, really am.

Lacey said...

Jamie, i'm so glad the prompting i had to look at your blog, (i never get on blogs any more and i just posted one and clicked on yours to see what you are up too) I just don't have anything to say except, I'm sorry you have to go through that again. I'm so glad your kids are being good for you, cause i started getting jealous as i was reading your post about how your kids are sleeping well and you have a mr. smiley! my two are giving me a good run for my money right now, but i'm grateful for them as well. Hang in there and hope we see you soon. let me know if i can help!
love ya, lacey

Jess and Matt said...

Jamie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You are an amazing strong person. Our prayers are with you guys!

Janelle said...

Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I'm glad you can see any mercy at all right now. I'll be thinking about you.

Sharon said...

Oh, I am so sorry! You are wonderful and we love you!