12 January 2011

Conan!

Back when Conan was on the Tonight Show, T-Bone was thrilled. He loves Conan O'Brien. He really wanted to see him but of course his stint on that show didn't last very long. As soon as T-Bone found out Conan was going to have his own show and that it was going to be filmed in L.A. again he swore he would go.

He requested tickets and in December we went to a taping of Conan! We went with our friends the Whitings and because of fantastic traffic we got there super early. We were the 21st group to check in. They do it really nice there where you check in and then they tell you to just be back to the studio by a certain time to get in line. SO much better than sitting outside a building waiting for hours--like when I went to the Price is Right. So we got our tickets and then went to have some lunch. I won't bore you with the details, but we barely made it back in time! It was pretty nerve-wracking.

But we made it in and we were in the third or fourth row from the bottom! It was pretty exciting being so close. And even more exciting was when we were on TV! Here's the clip:

When he sat down I looked in his bucket and I think it was about $15 bucks! Too funny!

Afterwards, we went to this fantastic burger place, The Fix Burger, that our friends new about.  The Rodeo Burger (bacon, onion rings, bbq sauce, mayo and cheddar) was to die for!  I wish I had thought to take a picture of it. Wow, heaven.

So all in all it was a great day!





4 comments:

madhousewife said...

Lucky! I love Conan.

Staceygirl said...

TBone does look happy to be there! I love Conan, too, cuz he's so goofy. My friend went to Price is Right, and she had this whole story about how the big wheel is actually small and the cars are made of plastic. I didn't buy it at ALL... now you must tell me the truth. I think she might have been the victim of a Price is Right hoax or something.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

How funny! I loved your cameo appearance. ;)

Janelle said...

Love burgers, love Conan. Sounds like a great date!