11 February 2011

5:30 in the morning

It's 5:30 in the morning and I can't sleep. I've been laying here for 15 minutes with this story running circles in my mind and I know I won't be able to relax until I get it down. Why am I awake at this hour of the morning? Half an hour ago I was woken up by the sweet happy sounds of Mr. Smiley. Looking at the clock I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.  Nature calling, I had to get up and as I walked down the hallway I noticed the light on in the kid's room. I opened the door and there is Mr. Smiley playing on the floor and Big Sister sitting up in bed reading like it was the middle of the day.

"What is going on?" I ask.
"I was just reading."
I'm bewildered. "Do you know what time it is?"
Looks at her clock, "It's 5:08."
"Yes its the middle of the night. Go back to sleep."

I put Mr. Smiley back in his crib, turn the light off and go to the bathroom.  When I come out there is singing and noises other than what I should of heard which is an unhappy toddler put back in his crib after waking to early. I open the door and Mr. Smiley is back on the floor playing.

I am really getting upset now. "What is going on here? Keep your brother in his crib! And no more singing!"
"I didn't get him out."

Not believing her, I put him back in the crib, shut the door and go back to bed. Which brings me to now.  Only while writing this I heard door rattling sounds coming from down the hall. Which could only mean one thing-Mr. Smiley was back out of his crib.  This time I sent T-bone to deal with it.  Sure enough Mr. Smiley was out again. Big sister denied getting him out again and if that is true we have a serious problem on our hands.

I was really hoping to get a good night's sleep last night. On what is potentially the most emotional day of the month and after the last two roller-coaster emotional days I need it. Guess the kids will be watching a lot of tv today while I hide out in my room trying to make up lost sleep and not kill them. Did I mention that there is no school today? Yeah, I'm already crying.

**The good news is I was able to fall back asleep at about 6:30 and slept for 45 minutes or so.  The bad news is while I was sleeping, T-bone did discover that Mr. Smiley can indeed climb out of his crib. Anyone have a crib tent I can have? This is not good.**




4 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

The crib tent is the best invention of the century, I just mourn that I didn't discover it until my final child. You won't regret it.

flip flop mama said...

I'm mourning the fact that they are not longer available. They have been recalled. I don't know what to do now.

Emily said...

Jamie!! I'm so sorry! Mr. Smiley needs some spankins! lol!

Good luck! Maybe you should just graduate to a toddler or twin and embrace the fact that he's a big boy ;)

And definitely, eat some chocolate.

Staceygirl said...

Oh boy, he's not even two, right? My girls never figured out how to climb out of their crib, and they were in there until they were almost three! Are your kids morning people normally? Mine are not, thankfully. I don't do 5:30 - ever! I have had those days where I want to let the kids run wild while I hide in my room... it happened all the time when W&K were little. I tell ya... boys are a different breed. Thank goodness for school - even though I don't want baby B to grow up too fast, I must admit it seems like it will be a good day when they all head off for school. I hope that doesn't make me evil. I hope you survived your day!