16 March 2011

Conculsions

I've come to two conclusions lately:

First of all, it's important to have guests over for dinner at least once a month so that your family gets a well balanced meal at least that often instead of a here's-some-spaghetti-with-tomato-sauce-so-it's-balanced kind of meal.

And secondly, it's important to have people over to your house in a social setting (different from dinner) at least once a month so that it gets clean. And not just the things-moved-around-so-you-can-vacuum-the-crushed-goldfish-in-the-living-room kind of clean. I mean the kind of clean where you clean off the surfaces and actually put things where they go and not just in a pile somewhere for putting away later.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Ah!! So that's my problem!! :)

Seriously good advice.

bythelbs said...

That's the only reason I even bother to have people over! ;)

It IS totally how I operate. My dad and his wife are coming in a couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to a clean house.

Melissa said...

Agreed! The last time we had guests over it amazed me how long it took to clean this place up!!

Speaking of this... we have family coming in a few weeks. Perhaps I should get started now...

Emily said...

YOU are so RIGHT! I have people over all the time JUST for this reason and I'll totally admit it! You called it girl!

Staceygirl said...

Hey, I've been meaning to steam clean my carpets, and having our friends coming into town this week was the perfect motivation to get started. After finishing the first floor, one of the belts broke, so I guess I won't be able to finish before they come. Oh well. I finally cleared the clutter out of the loft and out of my office, though. Hooray! I finally admitted to myself that I'm not going to be able to afford new furniture anytime soon, so I might as well pack it away in closets. It makes me feel better that way!

madhousewife said...

I cleaned the house for my visiting family, and they left it in a wreck.

But yes, it was good to clean.