22 April 2011

600th Post and a Contest!

This is my 600th post! I've been blogging since November 2005 and while I'm sure there are many people who have been blogging less time than me and have many more posts, I'm satisfied with my result. It's not a competition after all. I feel satisfied with my quality of blogging. I feel like I have chronicled my children's lives well for them. But most of all I feel like I have chronicled my life for my children. I want them to be able to know who I was when they are older. I want them to know me. I want them to understand why I have made certain decisions in my life. I want them to see that there is both good and bad in life and most importantly that we can overcome the bad; that we can always find the good and keep going.

So in honor of this my 600th post, I am holding a contest!  I will give away one handmade (knitted or crocheted) item of your choice--either listed on my Etsy store or a custom item that the winner and I will agree on!

So there are a 4 ways to enter:

1. Leave a comment

2. Blog about the contest

3. Twitter/Facebook about it

4. Visit my Etsy store and tell me your favorite thing listed!

Please tell me what you have done in your comment (no need to leave a separate one for each entry)

The contest will go until Saturday, April 30th and I will announce a winner on May 1st. Good luck!


12 comments:

The Price Family said...

Number 1!!! Pick me pick me.

Melissa said...

Okay... I'm commenting...
Facebooked it...
And I love the chocolate with vanilla hat... and the slouchy ones :)

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Congrats on 600! I've loved reading along and getting to know you. :)

Btw, I love the Knitted Slouchy Cabled Hat, it's so cute!

Julie said...

Awesome job! That's one of my favorite parts of blogging -- the idea that my children will sort of hear my voice and know me when I was their young mother. Congrats on your 600th post.

I visited the shop -- you've added new stuff since I last looked in. There are some great pieces in there. Probably my favorite is the red slouchy hat. I considered buying it once, but I'm nervous to pay $31 for something when I don't know if I can "pull it off" or not.... Haha.

I'll FB the contest and blog it, too.

Carrie Hanna said...

Congrats on the 600th post! I'm not even 1/2 way there!

C v hanna @ gmail dot com

Carrie Hanna said...

I posted on my facebook about your contest!

c v hanna @ gmail dot com

hi, i'm brooke! said...

you KNOW i want some of that goodness!

kim said...

I want a fun knitted thing!!! I totally want to learn to! Pick me!!! I'm also looking for someone to teach a knitting class! So ya, pick me! YaY! Haha

Sissamom said...

I am in love with Crocheted Vanilla-Chocolate Hat and Bootie set! I also facebooked it and will blog it. PICK ME!!! :D Oh, and congrats on reaching 600!!!

Sarah said...

Here's my comment!

My fav is the Knitted Inside-out Slouchy Hat!

Pepper said...

Here is my comment! I blogged, and I love the slouchy hats. I will post to Facebook too. Thanks for the giveaway and congrats on the 600th post! That is amazing!!!

Sharon said...

Your chunky blue knitted hat is my favorite - but they are all adorable! Keep on knitting ;)