09 August 2011

Looking Up

The last few days have been rough! I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope things keep getting better.

On Friday I went to the beach with my brother and sister-in-law. To get tot he sand you have to walk down lots of slippery stairs. I picked up Mr. Smiley in the stroller and headed down.  A couple steps down my foot just slid right out from under me and I slid down a few stairs landing on my arm and my left shin. My leg was pinned under me and I couldn't move. Jesse and a nice man who was behind me, helped me up and then the rest of the way down the stairs. I had a huge scrape on my arm and leg and when I went to get it cleaned from the lifeguard she asked me if I was "from around here." That was pretty mortifying. Yes, I'm a local. I've lived here my entire life. Saturday my injuries didn't hurt too bad, but Sunday my leg was in SO much pain! Every time I got up and tried to put weight on it pain would rush through! I know there's nothing wrong with the bones it was just really sensitive. I think because of where the scrape was, the skin was so tight so it would stretch every time I tried to move. Plus my muscles were all sore from the impact. Not a great day.

Saturday wasn't awesome either. I haven't thrown up this whole pregnancy. It's very uncharacteristic for me, but I was very grateful. Well Saturday my body decides that it is time to give me my dues and halfway through my breakfast I'm in the bathroom. Ugh....17 1/2 weeks and I thought my morning sickness was over! I started to feel better after a little while--and a Jamba Juice--and it was a good thing too. I needed to go to Joann's and buy a bunch of yarn for some orders I made this week. And the day ended on a good note--Weezer at Del Mar! It was a great show. This is going to sound weird, but it was actually relaxing. We brought our blanket and a couple chairs and hung out in the back so it was nice just to listen to the music and have fun.

Then yesterday I was feeling really sick again. I thought I was just having more morning sickness but around 2pm I knew it was something more. I had a touch of the stomach flu. Ugh...The fever started a couple hours later and I took turns being in the bathroom and laying in bed for the rest of the night. My poor kids just watched TV all day but they were so good to me! My fever broke sometime over the night and I'm feeling much better today. Hopefully this will be the end of my sickness and injuries so I can be a better mom!

I don't want to complain too much...I know too late. There have been some really good things lately. A lady I sold a few hats to a couple months ago posted a link to my store on her Facebook page and within a couple hours I had tons of orders coming in! It was really exciting but a little overwhelming too! I'm glad to be making some money though! Never underestimate the power of word of mouth.

Lastly we find out what the sex of the baby is on Friday! I'm so excited! Any guesses?

I'm feeling better and there's good things to look forward to. Despite the rough weekend things are looking up!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry you got sick! I had some kind of stomach flu a few weeks ago... isn't there a rule about how you CAN'T get sick in the summer??? Well... there should be! I'm glad you're feeling better!
As for a guess... hmm... I'm gonna say boy :)

Maile Fano said...

Being sick is NEVER fun! I am glad you are starting to feel better and even more than that, you are selling your wonderful work! And I think you are having a boy as well.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Weezer? Awesome!
Sickness? Not Awesome.
And...I vote boy.