09 November 2011

Hey look, a post from me!

November is a time to remember what we're thankful for. I'm thankful for a lot of things, but I'm trying to think outside the box of family, house, gospel...you know the things I'm always grateful for.  Today I'm thankful for soft tissues. I know that sounds silly, but when you have allergies soft tissues are one of the best things. I've suffered from allergies on and off for the last few years but the last couple months of my pregnancy have been especially tormenting. I have a continual runny, itchy nose and my right ear is most often clogged. Yes my doctor told me I can take a Zyrtec while I'm pregnant and I have on those really bad days, but I hate that it makes me super exhausted. I mean, I'm already tired enough, I don't need anything else to help me with that. So the soft tissues that soothe my runny nose are a blessing from heaven. I'm so glad I don't have to wipe my nose with leaves or newspaper or something like that.

Speaking of pregnancy, I'm 31 weeks today. 9 to go! I am grateful for this pregnancy too. Already having 2 kids I have a lot to do during the day--as all you parents know--and this pregnancy has been relatively easy for me. Besides the mild discomforts and things that I only discuss with my doctor, the  weird leg thing that prevents me from lifting my right leg more than 5 inches off the ground without holding on to anything and the tiredness it's been pretty easy. I can still even roll myself over in bed. That's huge compared to my past pregnancies! I feel huge but I can still get around and do most everything I need to. I can tell when I've overdone it--that exhaustion really sets in--but overall if I'm smart I do okay.

I was pretty surprised last weekend at how well I'm feeling. I shared a table at a business expo in my neighborhood to sell my knitted and crocheted things. It lasted from 10-3 and I easily lasted that long too! I was glad the chairs were padded though. I ended up breaking even with the table fee and supplies that I had to buy, but I was pretty happy with that! I passed out a few business cards too so hopefully that will lead to some more orders. I was glad for the exposure and it gave me some good experience. So because of that my confidence has grown immensely! There is another neighborhood Holiday Boutique a week from Saturday and I'm going to do that too. This time I'm doing it by myself though so I have to sell more to break even, but I'm hopeful that will happen! And hopefully I'll even make some money this time! Getting ready for these expos and craft fairs has kept me very busy. I love that I can sit on the couch and crochet or knit and tell my husband that I'm not relaxing or wasting time, I'm working. Best job ever.

Anyway, I have to go get ready so I can take Mr. Smiley to the park in an hour. It's a gorgeous day outside today and I don't want to waste it! I'm thankful for San Diego beautiful fall weather! Have a fantastic day!

2 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I'm so glad to see a post from you, and to hear that all is well. Congrats on the business expo & stuff, that does sound fun. :)

Cheryl said...

That's what I need! A job that LOOKS lazy, but most certainly is not. Hmmm....

P.S. Ditto what Mother said. :)