19 December 2011

100 Things I'm Grateful For

 Following in the footsteps of my friend Cheryl, I am taking the challenge in the Ensign to list 100 things I'm grateful for.
 
10 physical abilities I am grateful for:
1. Walking...even though at this point it's much more of a waddle!
2. I can see
3. Knitting
4. Crocheting
5. Typing on the computer
6. Cooking
7. I can hear
8. I can touch, smell and taste!
9. To be pregnant and have healthy babies
10. To breathe on my own


10 material possessions I am grateful for:
1. My home. Big Sister has been saying in her prayers lately, "Bless all those people who don't have homes." and it's really made me more grateful for our small 2 bedroom apartment
2. My car. Can you imagine traveling to see family and friends that don't live in your neighborhood without a car?
3. Books
4. My bed. We've had a love/hate relationship the last few months, but I love it more than I hate it. I wouldn't want to sleep on the floor!
5. My cell phone that has internet. Makes staying connected to the world so much easier!
6. My comfy couch where I spend most of my time
7. My computer
8. T.V. and movies
9. Shoes
10. Clothes

10 living people I am grateful for:
1. My husband
2. Big Sister
3. Mr. Smiley
4. Little Sister--soon to make her appearance
5. My dad
6. My brother and sister
7. My sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law
8. My friends!
9. My Grandma Price
10. My aunts and uncles and cousins!

6 deceased people I am grateful for (I couldn't think of very many more):
1. Jesus Christ--my personal Savior and Redeemer
2. My Grandpa Price
3. Joseph Smith
4. My ancestors who have made it possible for me to have the life I have
5. President Gordon B. Hinkley
6. Authors who have written classic books


10 things about nature I am grateful for:
1. Sunsets and sunrises
2. The ocean and the sound the waves make
3. Gardens and being able to grow food
4. Flowers
5. The smell after it rains
6. Big tall trees that have stood the test of time
7. The warmth of the sun on my face
8. Mountains
9. Rivers and waterfalls
10. Wide open spaces

10 things about today I am grateful for:
1. That I could get out of bed this morning--albeit a little slow.
2. Yummy hot chocolate for breakfast
3. That I had money to buy things I needed from Target and Trader Joe's
4. That I washed a bunch of baby clothes and the car seat cover. Baby can come any time!
5. The tortilla chips I'm eating right now.
6. That Big Sister has been playing next door for a couple hours and has good friends close by
7. That my kids are happy and healthy!
8. That I got a power nap even though Mr. Smiley didn't take one
9. T-Bone surprised us and came home for lunch!
10. Going to look at Christmas lights tonight





10 places on earth I am grateful for:
1. Big Sur, CA
2. The beach
3. Yosemite
4. Nauvoo, IL
5. San Diego Temple (all temples for that matter!)
6. Anywhere my family is
7. North Shore, Oahu
8. My home
9. New York City--Even though I've never been there, I want to!
10. Gettysburg, PA

10 modern inventions I am grateful for:
1. Washing machine and dryer
2. Dishwasher
3. Electricity
4. Running (and warm) water
5. Internet
6. Computers
7. Grocery stores
8. Microwaves
9. Netflix
10. My iPod

10 foods I am grateful for:
1. Avocados
2. Hot chocolate
3. Frozen chocolate chips and peanut butter
4. Bean and cheese burritos
5. Water
6. Pumpkin pie with whipped cream
7. Blue Cheese stuffed chicken
8. Chicken tortilla soup
9. Spaghetti (it's my fall-back dinner and boy does it come in handy a lot!)
10. Really good soda like these



10 things about the gospel I am grateful for:
1. Scriptures where I can learn about Jesus Christ
2. Taking the Sacrament each week
3. Service
4. The eternal perspective that I have
5. Temples and the peace I feel there
6. Relief Society
7. Priesthood authority
8. Prayer and personal revelation
9. Reading the scriptures with my family
10. The Atonement of Jesus Christ which not only allows me to repent of my sins, but also heals and comforts me.

"When we make a list like this, we discover that a list of 100 doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of all the things God has given us."

This is so true.  I have been very richly blessed in my life and it's wonderful to actually have all these blessings--plus so many more--written down. You should do this too!

3 comments:

Julie P said...

I super appreciated this because I was like "I don't know 10 people who have died to be thankful for!" But you reminded me (duh!) I don't have to have personally known them. Great list!

bythelbs said...

Great list! I'm grateful for you!

Staceygirl said...

Under 10 people you are grateful for, you should have put "everyone reading this blog" so that no one would feel dissed. Haha. I enjoyed your list... this week, positive thinking has helped me so much. We will miss you guys for Christmas!! Hope it's great :)