19 April 2012

Two Weeks Later


So it's been two weeks since my last post about getting healthier. I'd like to report that I've been doing pretty good! I've been moving more, eating better and having more energy!

I am a little behind on my 100 mile challenge, but I can easily make those miles up. So far I've done 19 miles with one more today and two tomorrow to bring me up to 21. That puts me 3 miles behind but I'm hoping that we can go for a walk or hike on Saturday morning to make up some distance. Last week was hard because it was spring break and it rained so I had to do some Just Dance instead of walking. Let me tell you the Sweat version of I Was Made for Lovin' You by Kiss really kicked my butt. But it's so fun. It's been really good to have  goal and know that I need to get moving!

My situps have been going okay. I'm not really enjoying them as much but I know they are important. I've been noticing myself walk and sit straighter with better posture.  I'm going to bring in the pushups next week too.

I can't say that I've cut out sugar completely from my diet--that wasn't the plan anyway--but I haven't bought or made any treats in two weeks. The box of Ghirardelli brownies that have been sitting on top of the fridge have remained unmade and that my friends is a HUGE feat! I have however eaten cookies and a slice of pie at someone else's house. My friends threw me a baby shower with delicious food. How was I supposed to resist? hehe I've decided that I won't make it or buy it, but I can indulge a little when there are parties or special occasions. I've been trying to increase my intake of fruits and veggies too. To do that I've been buying the fresh strawberries, blackberries and blueberries from Costco so that there is always enough to go around. I've been making smoothies with them too! Some berries, a little yogurt, a banana and sometimes a little orange juice make yummy ones! Today I added some kale to it and while the color was a little less appetizing, the taste was delicious. I really want to make this a daily habit. I grew up drinking smoothies that my mom would make so this isn't really a new thing for me, but making it a habit will be.

I'm sad to say that I haven't lost any weight from these changes, but that isn't the purpose. I would like to lose the chubbiness around my waist but I know my goal is to be healthier not skinnier. 


Lastly the sun has been shining all week and it's been completely gorgeous weather--finally! I can't wait to take the kids to the pool and spend time outside enjoying the new found energy I have!

1 comment:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Sounds great! Now I want a smoothie. :)