20 May 2012

Falling off the wagon

Remember my goal about eating healthier? Yeah, me too....

I am embarrassed to say that I pretty much fell off the wagon this week. I have been eating junk up the wazoo. Actually it started last week. I was having a major crappy day and made a batch of peanut butter cookies and ate way too much dough before I even cooked them. Seriously though? Best day I've had in a long time. Those cookies were delicious! I thought I might be having a little PMS already (usually I am PMS free for around 8 months after having a baby) since I was an emotional wreck as well but that wasn't it. I think I just needed some serious sugar that day. Since then, it's been harder to say "I'll eat that later." In fact, I haven't said that to myself at all. It's been more of a "Yes, please!" I won't go into detail about how I've indulged myself because that would just be cruel. Let's just say it's been super satisfying.

I have been making sure I get plenty of fruits and veggies though. I've been drinking a smoothie every day with strawberries, blueberries, banana, vanilla Greek yogurt, almond milk, carrots, kale and spinach. They are super yummy and even Mr. Smiley loves them!

I'm not really sure why I'm writing this, because I really don't want to get back on the wagon right now...I know that sounds terrible. Maybe it's so you all know I am not always awesome. I still want to try to eat healthier, but eating cookies and drinking homemade hot chocolate before bed has been super fulfilling lately. In fact I think I'll go eat a cookie right now and then go to bed. Good night....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You know... I'm all for being healthy and taking care of myself... but if I'm miserable doing it, what's the point? I want to enjoy life and if a little sugar and a few extra carbs every now and again makes me happy, then I'm gonna go for it!!!

madhousewife said...

I liked this post so much it has inspired me to go eat some cookies.