09 July 2012

6 Months Old!

My little one is 6 months old! SIX! Half a year. Wow, how time flies. She is such a joy in our family! She is super happy and rarely cries unless she's hurt. She does make noise though. She does this moany thing and says "mamamamamam." I know it's not technically a word, but I still like to pretend she's saying "Mama." She has the biggest blue eyes I've every seen and almost anywhere we take her people comment on her eyes. It does help that she opens them super big. And her cheeks! The pudginess is irresistible! She makes a good model for my Jamie's Knits things too.

On June 24th she finally rolled over from back to front. She hasn't rolled the other way yet. She is getting pretty good at sitting up on her own, but she is still pretty wobbly. I'm hoping she takes her time with the big skills (sitting, crawling, standing, walking). Her siblings walked at 10 1/2 and 11 months so it would be good if she took a little longer to master those things. She got her first two teeth at 4 1/2 months and I'm pretty sure she's working on her top teeth.

A few weeks ago she was biting me a lot and after trying everything to stop her I thought I would just pump and give her a bottle. Well she had her own plans and wouldn't take a bottle. Luckily she stopped biting me for a while so we were able to nurse for a little longer, but then she was back to biting. I tried giving her formula in a bottle but she won't take that either. I do want her to be able to take one eventually though. So we're back to nursing and hopefully bite-free from here on out.

At her 5 month doctor check up she was 15 pounds 4 ounces (50%) and 25.5 (75%) inches long.

Little Sister smiles at almost anything but she is very hard to make laugh like her older sister. Two things that make her laugh are Big Sister and Mr. Smiley though. They can be doing super random things and she will just crack up! The other day Mr. Smiley was throwing a roll of ribbon in the closet and she thought it was the funniest thing. I'm glad someone in this family can make her laugh because I sure can't.

We gave her her first food--sweet potatoes--on July 1st, but she wasn't very interested. She didn't really know what to do. A few days later I gave her carrots and she seemed to like that a little better.

This last month was a month of firsts for Little Sister: first time in the pool, at a Padres game, at the Fair, going to the beach.It was a big month. Here's to the second half of the first year of her life!


4 comments:

Staceygirl said...

Those are pretty eyes! I like how you snapped a picture with a bug on her nose. Babies are fun to watch as they master new things, but why do they have to grow so quickly? More time in the baby phase, and less time in the terrible twos would be pretty cool - just sayin, since I'm in the middle of the most terrible twos I've experienced yet. Can't wait to see little sister and your family pretty soon!

Julie P said...

Her eyes...those cheeks - she is one perfect baby!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Happy Half-Birthday Little One!

madhousewife said...

You make good-looking babies, my friend. She does have beautiful eyes.