19 September 2012

Dusting off the cobwebs

Dusting off the cobwebs on the blog...if only for today.

Mr. Smiley has been on a roll lately. He is getting funnier every day. Yesterday I was telling him that me and Daddy were going to be gone for a few days and that his grandma and grandpa were going to be staying with him. "My old Grandpa? The one with the old face? I love old faces!"

Then on the way home from the store he found a grandma stuffed animal stow away in our car. He has this thing where he changes his voice and talks for Little Sister and it's really cute. All of a sudden I hear his "Little Sister" voice say, "I don't want to go back to Grandma's house. I like you better!" Then in his regular voice matter of factly, "Him says he doesn't want to go to Grandma's house and wants to stay with me."

On Monday I did some laundry in the morning like I normally do. When the laundry comes out of the dryer I put them in each family member's corresponding laundry basket. They are responsible for folding and putting them away. When Little Sister took her afternoon nap I finally jumped in the shower. Mr. Smiley usually will ask to watch a movie, but he didn't so I just let him play. When I got out of the shower he had gotten his laundry basket and put all his clothes away by himself. I never even told him he needed to put his clothes away. I was so impressed with his initiative!

Don't get me wrong, this little man has given me a run for my money with many other things but mostly is just a joy to have in our family.

Speaking of family, we had a big party for my Dad last Saturday who turned 60. He is the "old face" grandpa. All the siblings were there so we had to do a cousin picture. I love my nieces and nephews!

The oldest!

All the cousins!

Surprise Grandpa!
Then I took advantage of someone else taking pictures and snapped a quick family picture. I had to tickle Mr. Smiley to make him smile, little stinker.

2 comments:

madhousewife said...

Ha! Old faces are the best, aren't they? Of course, young faces are good too, as your picture demonstrates.

Staceygirl said...

I can't believe how much that cousin in the red shirt looks like mr. smiley. Families are great.